The only dyno line that expands with your needs. Start today with one of our low-cost bellhousing-mount water-brake models. Later add a docking station, expand to increase data channels, upgrade software, etc. – without wasting your original investment. Excluding absorber-type (see below) most of your important feature decisions may be revisited, even years later. We manufacturer all major components in house – saving you third-party markups of competitors.
One configuration does not suit all! The above paragraph notwithstanding, one unique specification will lock you in: absorber type. It limits the usable response/speed/power (class) of any engine dyno.
• Only doing break-in, or leak testing? Then a simple SAE-bellhousing mount water-brake Rebuilder Class absorber may be okay.
• Tuning 500+ Hp drag/street/pulling engines? Get serious with docking-station Performance Class absorber systems.
• Developing industrial engines, or performing diesel research work? Demand eddy-current or AC Industrial Class absorbers.
Call to let us help you do your homework on this absorber-type topic, and others, or continue reviewing below:
• Absorber type: water brake
• Peak power limits:* 40Hp, 850 Hp, or 1,900 Hp
• Peak torque limits:* 100 ft·lb, 900 ft·lb, or 1,800 ft·lb
• Response time: good
• Rotor inertia: low, or medium (lower is best)
• Frame type: SAE-bellhousing or engine-stand mount
• Absorber type: water brake or air eddy-current
• Peak power limits:* 850 Hp to 20,000 Hp
• Peak torque limits:* 900 ft·lb to 54,000 ft·lb
• Response time: good to very-good
• Rotor inertia: low to high (lower is best)
• Frame type: docking station or trunnioned mount
• Absorber type: liquid eddy-current or AC
• Peak power limits:* 20 Hp to 2,200 Hp
• Peak torque limits:* 60 ft·lb to 7,900 ft·lb
• Response time: very-good to excellent
• Rotor inertia: very-low to low (lower is best)
• Frame type: docking station, trunnioned mount, or rotary-torque transducer
Related Tech-Talk Topics:
Reduce field service problems by getting it right the very first time, while improving customer satisfaction. Uncovering turbo or injection system malfunction is no longer trial and error.
Low-cost and rapid installation are just two benefits of the standalone version’s unique design. For many applications this configuration allows testing right on the engine’s shipping crate. An expensive dyno cell is often not even required.
Easy test set-ups by mechanics and technicians with no dyno experience. Get quick horsepower plots of the entire torque vs. RPM curve. No prior experience with computers is needed. It can take less than an hour to install, test, and output report data with the DYNOmite. Just mount the absorber and torque-tube adapter plate assembly onto your engine’s bell-housing (or couple a rolling cart-mounted engine to its docking station), hook up the wiring and hoses, and begin testing.
Advanced options including: thermostatically controlled cooling towers, fuel-flow and airflow turbines, blowby sensors, weather station (for automatic atmospheric data), EGT (exhaust-gas temperature) thermocouple kits, pressure transducers, fully digitally integrated five-gas exhaust analyzers, direct-mount smoke-opacity meters, temperature thermistors, auto-load and electronic throttle control, and more.
*Approximate; continuous capacities depend on selected absorber and test speed. Air-cooled absorber loads are rotor temperature dependent. Water brake power capacities are RPM dependent and assume a minimum water supply of 1 gpm @ 30 to 60 psi for every 20 continuous Hp. Call Land & Sea, Inc. at (603) 226-3966 for the approximate capacity of any specific test configuration.